Online Masterclass In Indian Asthetics - Kalātattva
Online Course in the basics of Indian Aesthetics for Artists and Art Lovers : Perspectives from Bharata and Abhinavagupta
About the course
It will be a unique course on Abhinavabharati offered online for the first time in the world by the World Forum for Art and Culture. The class will be a combination of aesthetics of the dance form in its practical, literary, performance, and theatrical aspects.
- Fundamentals of Indian Aesthetics – drawing concepts from the Masters, especially Bharata Muni and Abhinavagupta.
- The Purpose of Theatre Art and the story of its creation.
- Concepts of Rasa and Bhāva.
- Concepts of Dhvani, Vakratā, and Aucitya.
- Study of passages from Nāṭyaśāstra and Abhinavabhāratī.
- Highlights of application of Classical Literature for Dancers.
Arjun Bharadwaj is a writer and translator, well-versed in Sanskrit, Kannada, English, German and Greek. With a deep interest in classical literature, art, and philosophy, he is a contributing editor of Prekshaa who is currently studying the comparative aesthetics of classical Greek and Indian arts. He has (co-)translated many books, authored over thirty research articles, enjoys composing poems, plays the flute, writes lyrics for dancers and also teaches the fundamentals of the Nāṭyaśāstra at many institutions.
Duration: 6 months
No of classes: 4 classes /month
Medium of Instruction: English
Workshop will begin after 15th June
Thursday: 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm IST
Teacher: Arjun Bharadwaj
Fees per month:
International – US$ 50